Thursday, January 20, 2011

Under the Covers vol. 1

After re-watching 500 days of Summer with Zooey Deschanel, I checked out the soundtrack, because I was almost certain since she was a part of this Indie geared flick, then her band She & Him would most likely show up, and it did.

She & Him covered The Smiths "Please, please, please let me get what I want" It's worth taking a listening to, and in the end, Zooey's soft voice makes it sweeter and possibly better than The Smith's original recording.

Take a listen.


Also, take a listen to the Muse's version as well. They're both pretty great.


Surprisingly, even though I enjoy most of the modern day alternative music, I really cannot stand too much of The Smiths, or their back man Morrisey for that matter. While I admire their creativity in their lyrical candy, I often find their music droning, and almost as if my life source were being sucked out upon every second I have their music on.

It pretty much boils down to, those men just needed some hanky-panky, and a good night out, and I think their problems would have been solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment